The Yardley Historical Association

walking tour at post officeThe Colonial Yardley Historical Association was formed in 1964 after interest in preserving the community’s history was stimulated by a 1963 “Canal Days” celebration. In 1970, the word “colonial” was dropped and the organization adopted “Yardley Historical Association, Inc.” as its official name.

The Historical Association with headquarters in the Old Library by Lake Afton, maintains a collection of primary and secondary materials, including maps, photographs, newspapers, letters, deeds, and ephemera, related to the Yardley area. Public use of the collection is available through appointment by calling 215-208-1154.

The Yardley Historical Association sponsors a variety of educational programs. Local history and special interest topics are featured at general membership meetings. Seasonal events take place in June and December. The public is invited to all general meetings and special programs. The Association also conducts tours of historic Yardley and provides speakers for school and community groups.


Support the Yardley Historical Association by joining us today!


The Old Library by Lake Afton is open to the public on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month or by appointment. Come visit!